Data Matrix Positioning System PCV
Reliable position detection by 2D-code band and modern camera technology
Data Matrix Positioning System PCV; Camera reads Data Matrix Code Band
Combined with the latest camera technology and the Data Matrix code band, the PCV read head is suitable for a wide range of positioning tasks in various applications.
The unique code band is available in lengths of up to
Several Data Matrix code lines on the band also allow the evaluation of the vertical position. Benefit from the many years of practical experience that Pepperl+Fuchs has gained in the area of Data Matrix technology and position detection.
Benefits at a glance:
- Positioning along 2 axes
- Extremely robust due to the elimination of mechanical parts
- Long service life due to absence of laser diodes
- Insensitive to dirt or damage to the code band
- Seamless installation of the code strip
- Extremely narrow code band
- Small read field enables the smallest curve radii as well as inclines and declines
- Event markers for generating control signals
- DC output or input signals can be set at arbitrary positions
- Camera programming by PC or code cards
Application example: Monorail conveyor
The Data Matrix code band is affixed directly above the power rails and the PCV read head attached to the hanger. Each hanger is optimally positioned.