History of Pepperl+Fuchs
Our heritage of innovation and consistent achievement
Pepperl+Fuchs was founded in 1945 by Walter Pepperl & Ludwig Fuchs as a radio repair shop
Pepperl+Fuchs was founded in 1945 by Walter Pepperl and Ludwig Fuchs as a radio repair shop. By 1948, Pepperl+Fuchs was expanding into other electronic production, leading to the development of the first proximity switch in 1958 and the first transistor amplifier with an intrinsically safe control circuit.
From its humble beginnings, Pepperl+Fuchs has progressed to become a diversified industrial enterprise and a leading manufacturer in sensing technology, intrinsic safety, and explosion protection technology. We develop, manufacture, and provide products and services in Europe, America, and Asia. We have about 5,400 employees worldwide, more than 80 foreign subsidiaries on six continents, and ISO9001 manufacturing facilities in Germany, USA, Singapore, Hungary, China, and India.
We’re proud of our company, our heritage, and our legacy of consistent achievement, innovation, and distinction.