Data Matrix Positioning System PCV
: Data Matrix Positioning System PCV
The PCV Data Matrix Positioning System from Pepperl+Fuchs is a positioning system that uses data matrix codes to determine precise positioning. The heart of the system is the read head. It consists of a camera module with a built-in light unit. It reads and decodes the position marks that are printed as two-dimensional Data Matrix codes on a self-adhesive code band.
The code band is usually attached to the wall of an elevator shaft or the mounting rail of a monorail. The sensor head is then mounted on a parallel moving "vehicle," at the elevator car or at the chassis of a monorail, for example.
The code band can be up to 10 km long. This positioning system can be used in very large facilities without restriction. With comprehensive and easy programming and configurable inputs and outputs, the read head can be optimally adapted to the particular application.
The PCV Data Matrix Positioning System provides maximum flexibility and adaptability not only in the commissioning of a plant, but also for later changes. Up to 999 different event markers are easily placed at the desired location. You directly control functional processes without software.
- Positioning in x and y directions
- Long life due to the absence of laser diodes
- Extremely robust due to the elimination of mechanical parts
- Very narrow code band
- Insensitive to soiling or damage of the code band
- Seamless installation of the code band
- Camera programming by PC or code cards
- DC output or input signals can be set at arbitrary positions
- Inclining and declining paths
- Tightest curve radius