: Photoelectric Sensors
Our broad range of photoelectric sensors is aimed at all automation solutions where noncontact object detection can be utilized. The wide variety of different operating principles, models, sizes and specifications means that the best possible sensor can always be found for the relevant application and all conditions that occur in practice can be met.
Take a look at our impressive selection of noncontact photoelectric sensors. You are sure to find the right one for you. Perfectly adapted customer-specific optical solutions are also available. Talk to us!
- Standard Photoelectric Sensors
- In automation, photoelectric sensors in general provide all the benefits of fast and noncontact detection. Among standard sensors, a distinction is made between the three functional principles of Thru-beam sensors, retroreflective sensors, and diffuse mode sensors, depending on the function and the relative position.
- Fiber Optic Sensors
- Fiber optic sensors and cables are the perfect solution for applications where the direct mounting of sensors is not possible due to space restrictions, temperature extremes, and so on. Small fiber optic beams are ideal for detecting tiny objects.
- Slot and Slot Grid Sensors
- With a fast response time, the devices are ideal for detecting tiny objects from long distances. They are frequently used to detect objects on vibrating and oscillating conveyors. Slot grid sensors handle challenging counting and monitoring tasks such as detecting non-guided objects in free fall.
- Contrast Sensors and Color Sensors
In the automation of packaging and printing processes, the reliable detection of print and color marks plays a key role in coordinating the various processing steps. Photoelectric contrast sensors are specially designed for such detection tasks.
- Light Grids
- Light grids are ideal for applications where wider areas need to be monitored. Light grids are much easier to mount, install, and align and are therefore preferred to multiple individual photoelectric sensors. Application areas range from controlling the width, height, and profile of pallets in material handling facilities to detecting position-independent objects, controlling overlap on larger conveyed goods, and monitoring elevator doors.
- Distance Measurement Devices / Distance Sensors
- Even the smallest model is suitable for a wide range of measuring and positioning tasks. It operates using laser triangulation and an analog output. All other sensors from the VDM series use Pulse Ranging Technology, offer long sensing ranges, and achieve extremely accurate measurement results. PRT uses high-intensity light pulses to provide a high degree of operating reliability, even under difficult ambient conditions with exposure to ambient light and dust.
- Optical Data Couplers
- The optical data couplers were designed to establish wireless communication with stock feeders, industrial trucks, automated transportation systems, overhead conveyors and docking stations. Mechanical and problematic RF- and Wi-Fi-based transmissions are avoided as a result. Devices with a variety of operating ranges and transfer rates are available.
- Special Sensors
- Pepperl+Fuchs developed a number of industry-specific special devices for applications that are functionally not covered by the standard program. The application-specific sensors offer completely new possibilities in optical sensor technology for the user searching for the “right" solution.
- Photoelectric Safety Sensors
- Personnel protection is becoming increasingly important in automated processes. Wherever machines perform high-risk movements, the relevant health and safety regulations must be observed. Even if the operator is momentarily distracted, shearing, crushing, and impact injuries must be prevented.
- Sensors for Automated Accesses and Entrances
- Nowadays, it is hard to imagine life without escalators, automatic doors, gates, barriers, and elevators. As if by magic, they open automatically, detect obstacles, and appear to react quite naturally to approaching people and objects.
- Photoelectric Sensor Accessories
An extensive selection of accessories complements our photoelectric sensors product line, with application-specific fiber optic cables, mounting brackets, and a broad range of reflectors.