* Pepperl+Fuchs makes every effort to provide an answer that is both helpful and relevant. Your question is typically answered in less than one business day. Occasionally, delays may occur should we need additional time to research your question, confer with colleagues, or direct your question to another Pepperl+Fuchs location. In these instances, you will receive a notification email informing you of the status of your query.
Please note: All product-related documents, such as certificates, declarations of conformity, etc., which were issued prior to the conversion under the name Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH or Pepperl+Fuchs AG, also apply to Pepperl+Fuchs SE.
Download the complete datasheet as a PDF:
|Device type manager (DTM) for HART communication|
|Description||Communication DTM for use of HART devices via HART modem or serial interface *
* Note: DTMs do only work in conjunction with FDT frame application e. g. PACTware.
|Hardware requirements||- processor min. 500 MHz
- working memory: min. 256 MB
- hard disk space: min. 200 MB
- graphic resolution 1024 x 768
Depending on the complexity of the project and the DTMs used, the memory requirement may be several times higher.
|Software requirements||operating system:
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher
software components for installation
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 or higher
- FDT framework program PACTware 5.X
- the application-specific device type manager
|Languages||German, English, French, Spanish, Russian can be selected|
|Licensing||The Pepperl+Fuchs DTM-Collections can be downloaded separately or altogether in a version with basic license. This version can also be obtained on CD-ROM from Pepperl+Fuchs.
The software remains a basic version after installation under the terms of a basic license that may have limited features. The basic license is delivered free of charge.
The full license can only be activated by an individual license key number and transfers a basic version of software to a full version under the term of a full license. The software under these terms can be installed on more than one workstation simultaneously. The full licenses with the functionality quoted in the following can be ordered at Pepperl+Fuchs.
|Available licenses||DTM-Collection HART Comm:
basic license already includes full license, no further licenses necessary
|Installation||Administrator rights are required For installation in Windows.|
|Representation of the system configuration||Graphic representation of all communication and device type managers in the tree structure. In case of online operation colour code for identification of defective units and simulation operation. Multiple windows can be opened simultaneously. It is therefore possible to view the set device parameters, to monitor the measurement value and to display the device diagnostic simultaneously.|
|System planning, application processing||Generation of a configuration by means of a graphical application processing menu. Editing of available projects. Selection switch markings for each channel. Offline configuration, saving of project data to hard disk. Automatic comparison of the project plan to the actual available system when establishing connections on the device and parameter levels.|
Based on FDT technology
Device Type Manager (DTMs) available for all Pepperl+Fuchs devices and systems
Commissioning, configuration and parameter assignment independent of the process control system
Communication DTMs available for serial interfaces and fieldbus systems
Maintenance, diagnostics and error correction
In accordance with VDI/VDE 2187
|Device Description Files/Drivers||Release Info||File Type||File Size|
|HART Comm DTM / HART Comm DTM||1.0.55||ZIP||9385 KB|
|Matching System Components|