The Pepperl+Fuchs Bebco EPS Type Y purging system reduces the classification within the protected enclosure from Division 1 to Division 2. All equipment used within the enclosure must be Division 2 rated.
Note: Vents are required for most Type Y purge enclosures
The Type Y purge system:
- Allows Division 2 rated equipment to be operated in a Division 1 location
- Controls purging, pressurization & monitoring pressures
- Rated for Class I/ II, Division 1 to Division 2 area applications
- Purge enclosure sizes to 450 cu. ft.
- UL, cUL, FM classifications
- Conforms to NFPA 496 and ISA 12.4 standards
The Pepperl+Fuchs Bebco EPS 3000 series, Type Y purging system will purge and pressurize the protected enclosure and maintain pressure within the enclosure.
The 1000 series Type Y purge system is rated for Class I, Division 1 to Division 2 area applications or Class II, Division 1 to Division 2 applications.
Many of the Type Y purge system models require a vent. Learn more about accessories and vents for the Type Y purge system.