FB Zone 1
: FB Zone 1
FB Remote I/O for Zone 1
FB Remote I/O stations are mounted in hazardous areas Zone 1 or Zone 21. They form a modular signal conditioning system to interface signals from the field with a control system in the safe area. FB Remote I/O connects your conventional sensors and actuators to your DCS using a single standardized fieldbus connection (PROFIBUS, Modbus, Ethernet and others).
The plug-in input and output modules can be hot swapped in a running system without the need for a hot work permit.
There is a wide spectrum of single and multi-channel I/O modules available offering intrinsically safe and increased safety field connections. This ensures that engineering becomes easy and adaptable to the needs of your plant concept.
- Mounting / maintenance without hot work permit
- I/O modules for Ex i (intrinsic safety) and Ex e field connections
- I/O modules can be mounted on the backplane in any order
- 1 - 8 channel I/O modules
- Standard Busses (PROFIBUS, Modbus, Ethernet …)
- Configuration can be accomplished via the bus
- HART communication available
- Optional redundancy for bus, gateways, and power supplies
- Supports the FDT concept
- Bus independant SIL 2 shut down outputs available
- FATs and GAMP4 FATs optional