: Ultrasonic Sensors
Ultrasonic sensors present the ideal solution for non-contact position and distance measurement in all industrial areas where environmental conditions such as dust, smoke or steam may affect the sensors. Objects consisting of a variety of materials can be detected to within millimeters regardless of color or shape.
The ultrasonic sensor produces a data carrier utilizing very high frequencies that are outside the human’s audible range. The time it takes for that ultrasonic wave to pass between the sensor and the object is the value for the distance or the position.
Ultrasonic sensors have proven their reliability and precision in many industries and applications, including:
- lumber and furniture
- construction materials and equipment
- farming equipment
- level control applications
Pepperl+Fuchs’ ultrasonic sensors currently encompass twelve series of mechanical designs for through-beam, direct detection and retro-reflective operation. Customer and application specific custom solutions underscore our technological competence in this area of sensors.
Product features of ultrasonic sensors:
- Devices with TEACH-IN functionality for fast and simple installation
- ULTRA 3000 software for improved adaptation of sensors to applications
- Adjustable sensitivity to the sound beam width for optimized adjustment of the sensor characteristics according to the application
- Temperature compensation - compensates for sound velocity due to varying air temperatures
- Synchronization input to prevent cross-talk interference when sensors are mounted within close proximity of each other
- Sensors with digital and/ or analog outputs
Now available: Technology Guide Ultrasonic Sensors
- Download your free copy
Pepperl+Fuchs introduces the “Technology Guide Ultrasonic Sensors” as a free multimedia download document. The technology guide incorporates more than 30 years of expertise in ultrasonic sensor technology, and is beneficial for both beginners and experts. As a special bonus, the technology guide contains animations which are directly embedded in the document. Download your free copy now and get precious insights and advice for your field work.