Your specialist for identification systems
Identification systems include RFID, Data Matrix code and barcode solutions
Production and logistics activities are rendered more cost-effective with Pepperl+Fuchs identification systems. You can:
- Automate manufacturing processes, e.g. assemble-to-order,
- Purposefully control inventory and resources
- Seamlessly trace back products and components
- Effectively protect yourself against theft and product counterfeiting
- Speed-up exchanges and warranties
- Continuously optimize supply chains
The identification system technologies allow you to choose between RFID and optical identification (Data Matrix code or barcode).
RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification)
- Transponders can be read or written to. Data transfer takes place via UHF, microwave or electromagnetic induction.
- Robust and chemically-resistant transponders can be used in harsh industrial environments.
Pepperl+Fuchs products allow you to install inductive RFID systems with frequencies of 125 kHz, 250 kHz, 13.56 MHz and 868 MHz, as well as microwave systems of 2.45 GHz. These systems provide a broad spectrum of ranges, transfer rates and designs, meaning that you can custom-implement according to your requirements.
Optical identification products
- Object information is stored as a barcode or two-dimensional code. It is read via laser or digital photo technology.
- Barcode and data-matrix systems represent a cost-effective alternative to RFID technology.
- Common barcode and data-matrix code carriers are not as robust as RFID transponders. Pepperl+Fuchs provides a wide variety of barcode scanners and data-matrix read devices.
The OIT High Temperature IDENT System from Pepperl+Fuchs is completely different: Its preferred applications are in drying plants and coating lines. The OIT High Temperature IDENT System uses metal plates with a perforated matrix, which are evaluated via industrial image processing.